Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Miles Drainage (20) Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Miles Drainage (20) Ltd, we or us
Miles Drainage (20) ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 02157227 whose registered office is at Lodge Works, Great Ashfield, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 3HA;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website is not either employed by Miles Drainage (20) Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Miles Drainage Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, www.milesdrainage.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Miles Drainage Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that Miles Drainage (20) Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
Data that is given to us by you
- Miles Drainage (20) Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or authorisation access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: email@example.com
- Even if we deleted your Data, it may exist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or that we modify, update or delete such information.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to ‘block’ us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to Data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not satisfied with the way a compliant you make in relation to how you Data is being handled by us, you may refer your compliant to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if you Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Miles Drainage (20) Ltd by email at email@example.com